R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:50 AM
jrxs-r
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Front wheels turn fine? Maybe rebuild the diff again making sure that the breville washers are in the correct orientation.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by clittle
I had a rather frustrating night the other night. I think I know what my problem(s) were but I'd also like to run it by you to see if anyone else can give me some more insight.

I was running my F104 Pro the other night. It was about 3degs c so it was cold, and I had forgotten my warmers and traction compound... problem 1. So yes, there wasn't much grip to be had.

The problem I had was that the diff appeared to be slipping after turning. It's a strange thing to try and explain so please bare with me.

If I held the car at a stand still, turned the wheels left, gunned the throttle, the car would spin out, as you would expect. Drop the throttle and the car stops almost instantly.

From a stand still, turn the wheels right, gun the throttle. The car hardly turns or spins out at all. The motor powers up, but there's not the same action from the car. Drop the throttle and the motor slows down a lot slower than when the car is turned the other way.

The result of this is that when I come out of a left corner, I can drive away. When coming out of a right, there's times when you can gun the trottle and the car hardly increases in speed at all, certainly doesn't spin out.

I think the problem is in the diff, and will be rebuilding that soon enough, but does anyone else had some other ideas?

Note: holding both wheels, there is no slip in the spur....

It's quite a hard problem to describe. Cheers.