R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC8T CE OR Mugen MBX6T
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Bigedmond
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The RC8T CE is a great truck. The only issue i had in building the few i have built for locals are the spacers for the Knuckles. Once they are in, just check them to make sure they are tight between rounds. Dont worry about the different size bearings. Most are 8x16, with the inner hum bears being bigger to hold the CVD pin in place.

Also, dont listen to the carbon vs AL tower people. If you break a 5mm carbon tower, you are doing something WRONG. The new towers on the rc8t are great since they have the new upper bushing, and are easier to replace. The lower mounts on the RC8T are great, 1 set screw to release a pin that holds the bottom of the shock. No need for a long screw to release the shock. The pin version makes it quicker to do maintenance.

The shocks on the AE i feel are a little smoother then the mugen. Mugens still have diff seal problems, but with regular maintenance they pose no problems.

I personnally drive a Losi, but i drove the RC8T less then 2 months ago as my personal ride.