R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC
Old 01-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Jochim_18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thats when the timing boost kicks in.... When your motor reach the RPM you set then the timing boost will kick in.. A lot of guys set it as high as possible but thats not how it works... You need to know how long is the straight if your track is technical or flowing.....

On a tight technical track you want your RPM and low to mid range RPM so your timing boost will kick in early... You always wanna play with your RPM that gives you bottom end and top end speed...

On my track is combination of flowing and tight section.... I set my RPM at low then end at high RPM with this setting car feel like you have second gear on the straightaway.... The timing boost will kick early enough to start and it will kick again at the high point of the RPM you set....

I'm telling you guys this mamba max PRO is something else..... you just need to really learn the in and outs of the program... My friend even have his LRP on mode 8 which is unlimited timing boost I still killed him on the straight... and I don't think no ESC can out punch MM PRO.... and all the guys that is LRP fanatic is now getting a mamba max pro at my local track....

I will be racing in august for the ROAR Nats in NORCAL so lets see hows the MAMBA MAX PRO perform against the big boys....

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
I noticed that the esc rpm's are set at 3400-3600. Is that when it starts or is that the only 200 rpm that you give it timing? I noticed that others esc were set at 3000-15000 or so. It looks funny to me to only see a 200rpm window of added timing. Am I missing something or is this how the mmp works?