R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Coupon codes for online shopping to help keep things cheap in 2010!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:28 AM
jared52
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sharkman
Typical save a buck mentality. I happen to work for a lhs part time.
What I said about lhs closing at an alarming rate is true. The distributors are worried because of all the shops closing and shutting down accounts.
It has been said many times that racing makes up a tiny portion of the hobby.
How many people would even get in to the hobby if they could not go into a store and actually look and ask ?s. That is where the newbs get started most of the time.
Thankfully, the owner of our shop understands that diversity in products for all the different hobby genres is what makes his shop successful.
Your hobby shop may be different but my LHS (45 min away) wasn't even slightly helpful when I purchased my first car with them last year. I would go to the track on Fridays to work on my car and EVERY question I asked was answered with another product I needed to buy. I was sold a servo saver when my car had one already. They just seemed to want me to spend money. If there was actual service, I can GUARANTEE that my support, as well as my dad's, would be to them. I like to shop local, putting my hands on what I am buying the moment I lay down my money, but I don't support local JUST to do so. If I am going to pay a premium for an item, I expect to receive something for that. I don't expect to be told, "Go online, you can find answers there." You know what else I can find there, better prices.