R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 04:18 PM
tom_chang79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aktug78
Thanks for ur answer, so its suitable for drifting or like a handbrake, isnt it?
Sort of, but you can use it for non-drifting purpose as well... Some people like the fronts to be spinning freely during off-power/braking. In my opinion, it depends on your style of driving, it's a love/hate thing. I've only used it in off-road, and I personally hated it... Made the car swing around the corner like a 2wd. Some people like that effect, swing, point, shoot, swing, point, shoot, repeat... I personally like coasting into a turn and powering out of it without the rear end breaking loose... It's all preference... For drifting, I have no idea, I have 0 experience with drifting...

Originally Posted by woodys3b
Did you correct it with the part I just ordered? Can you recommend some high quality 64p gears? (stock gear ratio is working fine for me)
Must really be a fluke on Tamiya's part... I have never experienced workmanship issues with Tamiya stuff, but I might've just been lucky. If you feel slop again with the new motor mount, I wonder if the bearing itself is out of tolerance? If you have a caliper, it should be fairly easy to determine which of the two is the offending part...