R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 01:02 AM
ScottyTC4NZ
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1101
I was considering either a TF-5 or used TC4 (hard to find used TC4 in NZ)
Is the TC4 really that much better ??
Im after a shaft drive, sick of belt/pulley damage, local track has quite a few small stones (Albany, Ak)

Is the TC4 fairly immune to stone damage ? (I'm running on a RC track, NO bashing)
I got lucky to find a TC4 here in Dunedin, it was Toolmannz2 from our club, and he had won one of last years club championships with it, so it was proven winner and i would of be silly to let it go.

The Kyosho TF-5 is a good car to start with and it could be a better car if the time and effort was put into it, might sell it but dont know yet.

But have changed to a TC4, I found with practising with the TC4 the handling is better and getting the power down seems to be more responsive, but i've got my first race with the TC4 this weekend, will let you know how I get on.

The other differnces is the TF-5 is a plastic tub chasis and the TC4 is what I call a flat carbon chasis.

With your question about stone damage? I've had next to no damage in seven months of racing with my pinions and spur gears think I slightly damage one spur.

Last edited by ScottyTC4NZ; 01-15-2010 at 01:27 AM.