R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 12:38 AM
decibels
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I haven't tried the older top deck before, so I have nothing to compare it to. Talking with Hiro, they are very similar. I doubt I would be able to tell a difference between the two to be honest.

I cut my upper deck because it smoothed the car out a bit, especially in high grip tracks. It does feel like it creates more grip in the middle and exit of the corner to me, so sometimes you might have to make a setup change or two to get the overall effect you are aiming for.

-Korey
well i actually run the original black cyclone top deck but i cut it through the middle as well as i preferred the stiff feeling more. befor i cut it the car had a tad off understeer at speed on low grip tracks and after cutting it is really nice now. i always run it over the tc deck and i have a cut one as well. plus i cut the rear alloy mid deck so it is stiff front to back but flexes a little side to side. And i get the added benefits of extra motor cooling. I really like this setup whenever i change it sometimes the car feels better but it is slow. I also run slightly lower roll centres only .5mm to 1mm under toe blocks all round.