R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DNX408 Prototype
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 03:20 PM
captain america
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

"not sure about you but if you in the finals with drake, truhe, maifield and teh likes.. then yes you are on the same level... "

-You can be in the finals plenty of times, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll win or that you're on the same level as the winners; not all drivers are of the same caliber. Some might be consistently in the final main, but rarely win, or end up DNF-ing for various reasons--I call these the 90% crop. Drake, Truhe & Hara are able to not only get into the finals consistently, but also win consistently, so to me, they are in a different bracket, maybe the 94-96% crop.

"none really... but a good car will always pull you through...."

-if a position is unsupported by logic, then any further debate of it is pointless.

"Losi was in the winning circle b4 they employed Drake to drive the buggy.. he was still driving for jammin (1/8 scale)... i think it was peanut who practically dominated with it from the get go...."

-You might want to go and verify that. Before the 8ight, they had NO 1/8 nitro buggy, and therefore could not possibly have been in the winner's circle. When the 8ight was in pre-production testing, both Drake and Travis demonstrated the car's potential, but Drake more so than Travis.

"not sure about same results..( not trying to be smart) dont really rem. him winning a national title with the jammin.... "

-Possibly 2005 or '06, but I can't really recall either. That having been said, the Drake was still cleaning his claws when he was at Jammin.' Gotta remember that even he had humble beginnings, and his current success is the culmination of all those years of hard work.

"yes i can.. regardless of what level.... one guy was not even a threat this year and all his engineers did was developed a car that was practically unbeatable and all of a sudden he was the guy to beat...... as the season went along it became evident as his victories started to taper off in winning... this was due to other teams developing their cars using similar technology"

-I can think of a whole slew of Drivers who started the season off strongly, only to have their successes taper towards the end, namely (in no particular order):
-Alain Prost
-Damon Hill
-Jean Pierre Jabouille
-Mika Hakkinen
-Jacques Villeneuve
-Michael Schumacher (1994)
-Lewis Hamilton

-Can you prove, either circumstantially or tangibly, that their waning late-season performance was purely due to increased technological competition from other teams and not the result of pressure, cheating, or strategy?

"its funny you should say that because
he just got his behind handed to him by an MBX6 and a MP9..."

-Driven by whom? Someone may very well be able to "beat" a top driver as a result of mitigating circumstances. The questions to ponder are:
-Can they do so consistently?
-Is there any evidence that their win is due to their having a superior machine?

...And yes, let's get this thread back on topic. Me want videos and more current spy photos