R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DNX408 Prototype
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 02:30 PM
kgombe
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
Who said all drivers are on the same level?.
not sure about you but if you in the finals with drake, truhe, maifield and teh likes.. then yes you are on the same level...

What kind of logic are you employing to support that statement?.
none really... but a good car will always pull you through....

I wouldn't call Losi's 8ight revolutionary; a revolution is a turn in one's way of thinking; the 8ight was, in my opinion, more evolutionary than revolutionary. Second, was the 8ight really the "unbeatable" car, or was it merely that Losi employed an unbeatable driver?
Losi was in the winning circle b4 they employed Drake to drive the buggy.. he was still driving for jammin (1/8 scale)... i think it was peanut who practically dominated with it from the get go....

Remember when the Drake drove for Jammin', and Jammin' looked like the "unbeatable" car? Where are Jammin' now that Drake has gone? Are they still getting the same results?
not sure about same results..( not trying to be smart) dont really rem. him winning a national title with the jammin....

Do you really think that comparing an apple like R/C toy cars to the computer-controlled, multi-million-dollar watermelon of Formula 1 is apt?
yes i can.. regardless of what level.... one guy was not even a threat this year and all his engineers did was developed a car that was practically unbeatable and all of a sudden he was the guy to beat...... as the season went along it became evident as his victories started to taper off in winning... this was due to other teams developing their cars using similar technology

Perhaps not against other team drivers, but I'd wager heavily that he could lap an entire field of MBX-6s or MP9s driven by club racers.
any one of the pros can do that... Thats why i'm saying on the same level....

its funny you should say that because
he just got his behind handed to him by an MBX6 and a MP9... and rem that third place at the worlds was a MBX6...

while i agree with you on some points... i dont on others.. for example to prove your point... i can agree with you for teh worlds ...Hara won by pit strategy and conservative driving... not the car... with a whole lot of luck on that one...