R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is the monthly cost of racing?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 12:22 PM
thenova70ss
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I have a budget i have set up and try and stick to it the best i can i only do this for Club racing for bigger races i will buy new motors and tires and rebuild my hole buggy.

1. Tires i use old ones can get around 3 months are longer on a set. 60.00

2. Motor i run Axe Rossi i have one that has around 10 Gal on it i have run for 2 years now been a Great motor. So you should get around 1 year of racing on a motor so your looking at 30.00 a month you need to put back to buy a new motor at the end of the year 360.00

3. Parts a buggy will need rebuilt ever couple of months new bearings and clutch parts so you are looking at around 60.00 a month you will need for parts.

4.Fuel is around 35gal and you will use 2 gal a month so 70.00 a month for fuel.

5. Are Club cost 20.00 a week for Club racing and we pay 20 year for track time any time we wont it so that is nice.

This is just me some guys will run a new motor ever couple of week and get new tires ever couple of weeks i don't do this for Club Racing. I save my money for BIG races and spend what i need to have a A+ Buggy when i go out of town.