R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 05:54 AM
KARO
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OSR
Do you have any interest in 1/8 electric? Or could you give me your thoughts good,bad or neutral?
Yes, but I don't want to spend the $$ on the mount, speeder, motor, LiPo's, charger, etc. If everyone was jumping over to electric scale then maybe I'd drop the money to make the change. I've only ran a couple for 10 minutes or so and they are very fun to drive. They are very smooth if the speeder/motor combo is setup properly. Much cleaner than nitro and no worries about flaming out, getting douched at pit stops, etc. I'm not sure on how they are on run time but I think that 15 minute mains are not a problem. You should see about a 1/2 second per lap difference (slower) when you have the nitro motor in. I don't personally care if you run it with the nitro buggies but it wouldn't be fair. Are you going to Motorama next month...I'm thinking about it but I might just run my kids slash...the fumes last year in the nitro building were killing me. They are sure to have a decent electric scale turnout.