R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - First Nitro Buggy
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Doxiedad
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pickle311
Not to be rude, but if that's your budget then 1/8th nitro probably isn't for you. Buying a new buggy is cheap compared to what it takes to run one and keep it in top shape. Spare parts add up fast, very fast. When you think you finally have everything you need, you break something that shouldn't have, or you lose a servo, or whatever. With any RTR kit, even the high dollar Losi, it needs new servos right away. They are weak and won't last. Then the motor will be ok, but it won't last as long either. Stock tires will be fine for bashing, but odds are against you that they will work on your local track. I'm not trying to be a downer and this stuff is crazy fun, I just hate seeing people go into it blind thinking a $300 car is going to do what they want and not cost anything to maintain. Heck, I've got one of the most durable kits made and I still have to replace parts. Ask my wife how many of the free A-main hobby tshirts I have from making big orders. They are all over my house.
No problem. The $300 budget is just what I'm wanting to spend to buy it. I want to make sure 1/8 buggy is for me. I know it will cost more to keep it just like anything in life.
I wanted to try MT's so I bought a Revo 3.3 and had it for a couple months before I had to sell it. I've learned that resell for a RC is about 1/2 of what you pay. Plus I would have a hard time bashing with a $600 losi 8ight, love the buggy but it is $600 you're jumping and playing with.