R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - No traction- how to fix?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 04:55 AM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yuppi1
my bad guys, it is 30wt. I am running a cen matrix. Here is my diff oils-

Centre- 10000
Front- 7000
Rear- 3000

Im not sure what else you want to know?

cheers
I'd say you're a little high on the diff fluids. 10k in the center in a buggy is a VERY aggressive setup. You'll find the car to be easier to drive if you go down... depending on how aggressive you like the car, I'd say more like 5k front 5k center 3k rear.

I'm not familiar with GRP tires so I can't say much there... run what the fast guys at your track are running, with one caveat- if you can't stay in the groove, stay away from "small pin" tires. They're great on a blue-groove surface, but absolutly HORRIBLE out in the fluff.

Also, where are you having traction problems? Front? (car pushes) Rear? (tries to swap ends?)

What springs are you running? (Shock fluid weight and spring stiffness need to be fairly well matched...) How is your roll center set? Raising the inner camber link will give you more "bite." Adding rear toe will give you more side bite in the rear, at the expense of "stepping out" more violently when it does let go...

How much negative camber are you running?