R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Has the industry taken nitro buggies as far as it can take it?
Old 01-10-2010, 09:06 PM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Most of the southern tracks run at least 1/2hr mains. The b and lower are less to keep things moving.

bottom line: If your nitro class isn't running at least 30min mains then your track sucks.

Anyways, BOT, 1/8th is still stoneage, but the market rarely allows for cutting edge tech like:

- serperate adjustable rebound and compression circuits in the shocks. Or neodymium magnets for a shock piston, another repulsive magnet in the shock cap.
- temp sensor built into the block that gives a accurate voltage output for temp gauges.
-accurate immersion sensor in the exhaust for proper egt readings
- 4 stroke big bores that can rev and have enough torque to spin the big gear needed to have the topend of 2 strokes. Better fuel economy, possibly better traction, more electric like power. maybe .45-.54 displacement?
- imagine an engine as reliable and easy idle simplicity as a 4 stroke airplane, maybe if nitro wasn't such a pain it wouldn't be dieing off.
-hypoid cut gears for less noise and friction
-oneway active diffs
-less bumpsteer and play in the front end
- lower brands like AE, Losi, and Hotbodies useing quality plastic and metal like X-ray and Mugen.
-AKA barcodes
-AKA wet indoor clay slicks
-better wings
-more aero work like an F1 car. Winglets on body etc.

E conversions could use some help as well:

-bodies and side pods desighned to use velcro to hold body on for quick removal, or hinged bodies
-quick change battery boxes with spring loaded sliding connector bars on the battery box allowing complete battery box changes and allow softpacks pemanently mounted in each box. for pit stops.
-hypoid pinion and spur gears for less noise
- strong thick plastic spur gear for less noise
- grease shields that will allow pinion to be greased and not fling all over the body, for less noise.
-esc's with less fire.

yea i like them, ideas with the (nitro, end i dont know if, that will ever happen) though . (i dont think nitro is really that, much (pain) inless you have a leak lol) thats (why you seal the, engine when its new.)