R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DNX408 Prototype
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 03:56 PM
captain america
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janderson78
Guys,

The DEX410 should point you in the right direction. It is 1/10 4wd and is over the 600.00 mark for the US. Now in that price you get the best technique and the best quality I have ever seen in a car. The fit and finish is second to none. But all of this came at a price and that price is at a point were 90% of racers will not event think of buying it.

Now lets take it up a notch. I assure you what you will be seeing is the Rolls Royce of the RC Industry. Again this car will be top notch in quality and second to none. I have no inside information on this buggy but knowing what I know of the 2 DEX410 buggys I own it will be worth every penny. But again we must wait and see if the market will support such a Buggy. I can not wait to see it myself!!!
The thing is, no one in their right mind would want to take a Rolls Royce dirt racin.' Good quality parts are important, but there are limits where that "high quality" will not make you faster, run longer, or get you better results, regardless of the price of the parts.

Thus far, it seems that XRAY are really the benchmark for high quality and durability, and even their buggy isn't outrageously expensive. If anything, we've seen Kyosho, the kings of the top-dollar nitro buggy, drop the bling version of the MP9 for the more realistically-priced SE, likely due to the economy not being all that great and also, realistically, the nitro buggy market is saturated.

Here's to hoping Durango can keep this car (far, FAR) under $750...