R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - z01-t vs. mbx6t
Thread: z01-t vs. mbx6t
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 08:45 AM
jzemaxx
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
+1 on proper shimming. I have been running a losi 2.0t since they came out in march 2009 and I have went through 1 r/p. The 1.0 did not let you shim and I never checked the 2.0. After that 1 time it has been running good. Any diff will blow up of it is too loose or too tight it doesn't matter what brand you run.

As for your thread personally I would go wight the mugen. It's a great truck and always performs very well at the track. I just can't get beyond the pillow ball setup. It's a personal thing, it must work I see the mbx6/t scoot around the track very well. The other thing to consider is parts support. What's available to you. I order everything online but most of the guys I run with drive losi so I can usually find someone who has the part.
I ran my Losi 2.0 truck all season....not one diff problem. It has 16 races on it......nothing broke or wore out. Many practice laps as well.....

My Mugen is fast as well and runs great and no diff problems either, but I feel the front arms are suspect with breaking if landing just a little wrong. I broke the bottom front arm at the 3rd race I used the mugen at.