R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - In need of Hinge Pins! Help
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
dreaux
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hard to believe that hinge pins for a traxxas rustler is 20? when the whole car plus, motor, pipe, servos, radio, starter is all around 200$

I know parts are more expensive, but dddaaammmnnn. Hinge pins on my mugen i know are better quality by a good margin. But they are still less then that. Hell those small pins on the outside should be less then that. Are you sure it's 20$ I find that hard to believe.

shit. Just looked and realized it was titanium. That sux. But that is what you get for having aluminum arms. The stress has to give somewhere. If you put in titanium pins the stress will all be put on your bulkhead or whatever it's attached to, which will probably break next since the arms and pins don't give.

If i were you i would go back to the plastic arms, I know it doesn't have much bling but you would probably be better off.

Have you upgraded your shocks??? A steering servo and big bores should have been you first upgrade. My brother in law has one, so i know how crapy those shocks are.