R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is the best running and all around performnce motor on the market now?
Old 01-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Frank L
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

My fav engine is the os speed. It is smooth, easy to drive, fast as hell, great on gas, huge huge bling factor, and super easy to tune. I have been running them since April 09 when I was on a search for the ultimate engine. I have one that has 8 gallons on it and still pulls hard. All I did tothat one is change the bearings at around 5 gallons and I think that's only because I ran it lean on a couple different occasions. 300 degrees for 2 - 30 min mains. One was a tunning issue and the other a shock failure so I drug around the chassis for 12-15 mins and heated up the engine. The engine rarely flames out and te power will rival most .28's (let me be clear it comes close it will never beat the displacement of a .28) they are $$$ but worth their weight in gold as fat as iam concerned. I had a fellow racer come to my pit after a main telling me man your truggy is fast, what you got in that thing. I never said a word he got close enouf to see the speed engine and said "ohh that explains everything" you may come close with other engines that cost less but this thread is not about $$ it's about the best alla round performance engine. The speed will always win. I am gong to az in feb for the anual dirt race and I like the speed engines soo much I just broke in 2 more for that event.