R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"
Old 01-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Grenade10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Well things did not go that great yesterday.It was really to cold.It was 41 degrees when I got there and the warmest it got (the asphalt was 57 degrees- but it went down to 53 by the main).
In practice the rear end kicked around in the turns (under power). It did the same with my other car. After that I looked at the car and the screws for the links to the rear pod came loose( installed longer screws with lock nut today)I retired that car and went back to my orginal car. But I did go inside and get the windtunnel side shock sping kit and a new center shock (CRC).Also my front servo placement I did not like so I'm working on that today.
I also built two associated TC shocks today one with 35 oil ad d a three hole piston and a 30 oil with the standard 2 hole piston. Both for the center shock. Since most of the guys down here use the bigger shock for the center I've got these ready.
I also got two sets of the gold Corally tires. He's got more coming (Superior/Corally USA) . My next race is on Jan 17th on Carpet at Minregg (State series race).So I want to be ready. I also noticed that KSG had a nice front servo mounting plate. I wish Darkside had one made but I've got the time to make one.
There was only two others in this class that braved the cold. One CRC and one XRay. The Xray was brand new and he just switched from the DBR10.
Getting the tires to hook up on that cold of pavement may be an issue. Rob will remember me as I've done many Corally on road cars over the years. How did the CRC and Xray do compaired to you???

Carpet will be a different animal, so try the other settings and let me know if you need help. I'll be running the new car on carpet this Sunday getting ready for Snowbirds.

Mark