R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:01 AM
michael.branth
Tech Adept

Default BRCA 1350g weight

Hi Newbie here,

I recently gone from a TRF416 to a cyclone TC, so here I am!!!

This is more for UK racers ( unless other countrys have 1350g minimum weights limits) just wondering any one is any where near the 1350 mark? and any effects on handling or set-up chnages?

I am using an Exotek chassis which has had the front milled so I can swap the belts, I ve then moved all the radio gear as far inside as possible, the reciever its in the middle and esc not far off, but the tall fan and carbon center rail on the exotek chassis stops it going any further in. With this and the Li-po's sitting as far as they can out the chassis ( about 2mm over the edge on the stnadard chassis) with this the back end is spot on, lifting with a knife edge in the centre; the front end is a bit out with the left wheel ( looking from the front toward the rear) lifting first. SO the motor corner is it the heaviest. I ve also made carbon battery stays rather than the weighted exotek ones.

With this and demon 4000 30c I weigh in at 1400g, I can save a bit on wireing ( which will also lower the motor areas weight)

Any experiance with losing weight or how far out you are sitting your cells over standard would be useful, and I will up date as well: I think I may the balence sorted if I move the cells to the forward position.

cheers!!

M