R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 09:12 AM
markp27
Tech Elite

Originally posted by V12
Qualification was Ok but not the result I had expected.

Tires are depending on rules for a given race. Sometimes its fix or "handout" sometimes different tires are allowed but never completely free tirechoice in Germany.
Usually I run CS27 outdoors sometimes the LRP VTEC27. Indoors I like the Sorex 28 but most times we are limited to the CS27 again. But much less grip on carpet than the Sorex 28. But the CS27 are really longlife tires. We found they need some runs for working good on carpet. You really should use tire traction compounds on carpet. We use the Corally Jack the Gripper or CS High Grip (indoor only).

Regarding inserts outdoors I like the Take Off medium inserts very much with the CS27. Thatīs the same inserts as the one included in the 2 piece package. Indoors Iīm usually using 2 piece inserts like the JB blue or LRP VTEC yellow. These provide more airgap and therefore generate more grip but are for carpet only. They could overheat tires outdoors.
Are the JB Blues from Orion? The blue inserts are the harder ones?
I think I'll have to get some Sorex28s, too - the tamiya tyres didn't offer enough grip and maybe the CS27s won't either

Cheers, Mark.