R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What are the best engine bearings?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 03:03 PM
PowerHouse
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Peter is definately your prime time example of a great business man. I haven't been dealing with him for years but the short time I have been with him, it has been outstanding. I myself use all of his bearings in my engines and now started to use TKO bearings in my vehicle's driveline and for the money, I can't seem to find a better value. The double shielded steel bearings in my xray driveline are $.85 per bearing and I looked at them closely and they look very good and for the money, how can you beat it. While avid, acer, boca etc also have decent products, I just find that the products and customer service I receive from the guys at TKO keeps me from looking elsewhere and as long as I keep getting that service, I have no desire to jump ship anytime soon. I am not saying they are the best because I couldn't prove it otherwise, but from a business standpoint, they are #1 in my book. I get an average of 5 gallons out of their front bearings and the cost $15. A stock single shielded bearings costs an average of $25 and I am lucky to get 2 gallons out of one. That's a pretty good bargain if you think about it and whether they are the best or not, 5 gallons out of a front bearing in offroad environments is great no matter how you slice it.