R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I need faster lap time
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 04:15 PM
shanty140
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by banji
Hi,
We just had a race on our local track, I didn’t make it to the final, I was too slow. Actuly I never made it to the final.
My avg lap time is ~55 sec while all the drivers on the final have avg time of 50-51 sec.
I have one year of experience, I can now maintain my car well (no more DNO's). I also like my car setup, it is very easy drive and very stable.
I have the original XRAY XT8, all the drivers on the final have the new 09 XT8 and LOSI T 2.0 but I don't think the 5 sec are hidden on the car brand or type.

I do invest time on practice session every week but no major improvement.
Sometimes I think to go back to bashing and stop racing (even that is a lot of fun) , it might be my limited talent.
What is the best way to improve the lap time? any chance to get to the finals someday? Top 10 is enough for me
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!! The people you are racing did not get that fast over night and in time you will get there to. Also if you are crashing 3-4 times in a 15 minute main thats where you are losing most of your time. Also slower is faster in most cases. Most of the time take the line where you can through without a problem compared to a line that may be faster but you will make a mistake more often. The more you race there is no reason why you could not make the finals some day. When I practice I sometimes feel it is not doing anything but when I compared my lap times from earlier in the season to now they are much faster. So even if you don't think you are getting better you are. Or course there is always setup, most people at our track are constantly tuning to find that .10 of a sec. Even if you think your setup is perfect most likely there is always something you can do.