R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 09:50 PM
tiko
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Speedy
First, do I need to get the bubbles out or anything like that with these shocks; they don’t have a bladder like the TC car shocks do so I’m a bit confused. By moving the piston up and down you "should" be able to work any bubbles out of the shock body. Someone else can chime in on this..

Second, for the front kit came with bunch of spacers for the ride height adjustment; are the spacers and truing the tires the only way for the height adjustment. The front suspension shims should be able to adjust your front suspension precisely. On the 12R5, AE includes I believe a .5, 1, 2mm shim. Keep those, they work quite well. I do recommend picking up a extra set just in case. Basically by truing your tires and adding, subtracting shims this is on the only way to adjust front ride height. We'll explain rear ride height next.. AE part # ASC4617

Also is there a way to adjust the height for the back. Right now with all the electronics minus the speed control cars height is 4mm all around.
Adjusting rear ride height is a breeze. Grab yourself a set of IRS adjustable rear axle pod adjusters its a set of 10, working from 0-8 in .5 increments. Simply pop out, replace with desired ride height, reassemble and off you go! Worth the $8-10 dollars, investment worthwhile to have. IRS1167

Hope that helps you, you'll need to specific if your running brushed, brushless, NIMH or Lipos for gearing inquires. Might be best to ask around your track first, here we'll get you close to what is ideal.
Hey Team Speedy, thanks for the reply I really appreciate the feedback you did answer all my questions. As for the gearing I plan on using an LRP X11 17.5 BL motor and a 1S Lipo. Track that I plan on practicing and hopefully racing is indoor asphalt with very high grip. If I’m not mistaken it is 75x100 dimensions.