R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 10:18 AM
tiko
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
Read the manual and assemble it accordingly. If you follow the instructions you will be 90 to 95% set-up for the chassis. Now tires and electronics are another story. Find out what tires are working at the track. Electronics, they all seem to work but try to get the smallest ones.
Thanks AreCee, I’m in SoCal and fairly new in the RC scene. We had an indoor carpet track that didn’t last too long only a few months. Now we have a new indoor asphalt track that I plan on going with this car to practice and hopefully to have enough car to race. Just by talking to some of the TC and F1 guys track has a lot of grip for both rubber and foam tires. When I got the car kit I bought the JACO Double Pinks Front and Rear. For the electronics I have the Futaba S9650 servo, LRP X11 17.5 BL motor, and the Spektrum SR 3500 DSM micro receiver. I need to get a speed control for this kit; the one that I have is too tall to fit under the body. Anyhow thanks for the response and if you can give any other pointer it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tiko