R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Diggity Designs Custom R/C Components
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Scottrik
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KAHUNA
eazy fix - remove them - then add one maybe two drops of thin CA run the length of the pins , try after first drop drys . may need second drop - let them dry complete . they are good and tight , you won't need set screws . I did this when I first put the car together . Haven't had one move / come out yet ! I think it is a good car for VTA racing !
And that doesn't cause binding in the arms themselves where they need to pivot freely? I'll give it shot.

Still seems odd that they'd drill and tap the front arms (front and back!! Couldn't make a near "blind" hole like the TC5, etc) for the capture screws but not the rears. Ah well. Kind of a weird oversight for such an otherwise well-executed conversion. I tell people it's the car Xray would build if Xray were building shafties.

Speaking of shafties, and to your point re: VTA, I think shaft drive and front spool are THE ticket for such a power-limited class. These put the power STRAIGHT down to the track. No muss, no fuss, no backlash...just GO!!