R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Stock JPX.21 or Moded Novarossi N21
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 11:22 AM
butch man
Tech Master

Mathiew, I ran the JP-3 with the picco P-7 motors for years & loved the power that combo made,probably my favorite combo of motor & pipe of the many I have tried. There is 1 down fall to this combo though & thats run time.

Integra & Maximo finally conned me into trying the DYN 086 on the jammin motor & evo2 & like they both said repeatedly run time went up dreasticly, like 1-1.5 min easy. I noticed with the JP-3 in buggy the power started pulling so hard so low that many of my friends I let drive the car called it uncontrollable out of corners & didnt like it, but said it pulled perfectly for the lenght of straights we race on. I would be driving their cars at the same time & was thinking WOW he spent $500 on this motor plus cost of pipe & this thing is gutless.
When I put the DYN 086 on the Jammin motor it required only a slight retune but lost the explosivness out of the corners at very very low rpm but still pulled as strong as most motor & stronger than some but where it started to pull violently had move up quite a bit in the power band. now about 15 maybe 20' out of the corner it would hit hard & light up all 4 wheels & had the feeling that it would still be pulling hard 20' or more past my braking mark for turn 1. Just like they said I got 1-2 more laps before pitting & at low traction tracks it was easier to drive just not as fun.

Also keep in mind that with jammin motor & JP-3 pipe you can go 1-2 teeth bigger on motor compaired to your friends with same car & different motors. With the DYN 086 the gearing you ran before will be fine or maybe 1 tooth up.

When I run that motor now its a toss up between the 2 pipes,mostly depending on who is running that day & what kind of mood I'm in.