R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Good .21 for around $200 ????
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
So then this argues the point , does the absolute most animalest , fastest , most retarded insanely powerful engine make you the fastest driver? Um no and if anything results in poor lap times on the track for sure. If you are bashing than it doesn't really matter now does it ?

And btw those 3 ports are not gutless , but compared to a picco .28 what isn't ?

Just bustin yer balls neal :-) viva la picco !!!! LOL
No Monty, you do make a good point.. Some engines are too extreme and will not help a persons lap times....However likewise if a motor doesn't have enough power it can also hurt laptimes, as well as take away some of the excitement of driving.......Your comparing absolute extremes when you compare some of the Picco's to a N21 or OS 21 VG...However in this day an age there are quite a few solid engines in the $200.00 range that have power outputs that are right in the middle... More power then the 3 ports mentioned, but nothing insane and uncontrollable..... With the market being so strong in the $200.00 range manufacturers are putting more thought and performance into this price range and IMO you don't need to settle for a basic 3 port any more........

Tho I might agree that the Italians still use better materials however I wouldn't be overlooking the Asian Engines at all....The new JLR from OFNA is a very impressive engine, hard crank material, Billet piston, A very advanced port design using opening sequences similar to my own modified engines, something I would never have figured to see from a factory at any price range of engine... From my standpoint the JLR .21 is a really trick little engine that shows the Asian engine manufacturers are more capable then they are being given credit for.......If I had my choice between a OS 21VG,N21 or a JLR .21 I would take the JLR all day long....