R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan
Old 12-19-2009, 03:20 AM
chemfrk
Tech Adept

All,

I went by Foster last nigh and picked up a couple of the fan rakes as well,

So with the ones Paulie bought, the ones I bought , all shovels, hard rakes and brooms, we shoul be golden.

I went by the track for a while today, the rain made a huge difference, the 1/8th track looks really good,

The 1/10th track settled very nicely and will make removing rocks and rakeing easy.

The beginners course had some standing water on the upper end, but that will be an easy fix, I will dump a bucket of dirt and we can work it in and level the area.

As for the stand,

I sat and looked at the area for a while today and thought about the bleacher section as well, I thing it would be a good temp fix and can be spun to the leadership to push the issue for a safer, more permanent stand...

I will also be contacting Col Ramey on Mondaymorning for a sit down meeting to discuss options and what we CAN do...

I was at R/C paradise around 6:30, there was a guy his wife and son looking around,

I asked them if they were into R/C, he said, not yet, but his neighbor just bought a really nice car and it looks like a great time, so they were doing some shopping around...

I asked where they lived, he said Courtney so I asked him if he was aware of the track that was being put in there.

He was, and that he and his son were very excited to give it a try, especially since it was so close.

I also spoke with the R?P guys about the 9th, they seemed very excited and said they will be there, I also asked if we can put a sign/poster up, they said yes... so now I guess we have to design one... any takers?

I will be at the track around 9-9:30 tomorrow, see you all there.