R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - help help racing help
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 10:14 AM
pyromania
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Slasher man,

My apologies in advance, I'm not trying to put you or your truck down... that truck is probably a fine basher.

It will never be race-worthy. The engine is WAY too far back in the chassis to be able to turn like the race trucks. It doesn't have big bore shocks (nor would I suggest you spend the money to get them for that.)

It has a 2-speed (according to the specs I can find on the web) so it isn't class legal as a truggy.

It is really unfortunate that manufacturers promote stuff like this. And honestly, the PARTS quality looks ok... but there is a reason it costs so much less.

With smaller bore shocks like that you're going to want to run fairly heavy shock oil. Something like 55 front 50 rear will be a decent starting point... but it is hard to say without knowing what shock pistons it has. Also the spring rates may not be well matched to that. Try it as a starting point.

Try 10k front, 10k center, 5k rear as a starting point for diff fluids.
Parts quality actually really sucks. You would need to dump a lot of money into that thing just to get it to hold up during a race. The truck is way heavier than anything out right now and those little 10th scale shocks are just rubbish. I believe that the mammoth was replaced by another "Race worthy truck " now so parts may be a problem.

I'm not trying to flame the truck, but the truth hurts.