R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Where to buy
Thread: Where to buy
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2002, 04:08 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TRF-Powered
Hey all,

Can you guys translate MongKok into chinese and type it in the message?

I have been trying so hard to find words in chinese that sound like MongKok... nothing came to my mind at all.

I wanna know so if I ever go visit HK, i will be sure to visit that street full of hobby shops.

By the way, I heard that those shops tends to sell tourist more expensive then the locals, is that true???

If I do go to Mongkok, are those price "haggle-able?" or they are pretty much fixed price?

One more question, is there a shop named "stellamodel" in MongKok?
Can't help you with the Chinese but English is fine in HK....... You will be able to find "Mong Kok" on the underground system in HK! The street where everything is is "Kwong Wah Street" and "Dundas st" both have dual language signs and are marked in English on the map!!

I don't think the shops are particularly trying to sell at more expensive prices to tourist..... I think the truth is that if you are a 'regular' you will get a discount.... if not a regular you will not get a discount. However prices do vary between shop to shop. The 'regulars' (Like me) have spent A LOT of money in these shops....... there are shops which do give me a discount and shops that don't.......... don't take it personnally!!!

You can try and haggle on price... you will have more leverage if you buy a lot of stuff from one shop rather than small items from a lot of shops..... but don't expect massive discounts!!!

I have not heard of Stellamodels???