R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Planning on replacing throttle servo. Help?
Old 12-15-2009, 04:27 AM
helgso
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DOMIT
It could be that your linkage is at an angle enough to pull the slide a little crooked.
Let me try to explain. When LST is stock-built, the low speed needle is behind a knob that is used to change between HI and LO gearbox settings. When I sealed the engine, I decided to rotate the carb a bit, so the LSN would not face the knob, and because of this, the throttle servo's pull is not as straight as I would like it to be, that's why the throttle return spring couldn't close the carb, and that's why my current throttle servo isn't powerful enough anymore :P

I did not rotate the carb much, just very little, and the pull is not sideways or anything, just not exactly straight, but yet straight. So yea, I guess I have a binding.

But I don't understand what you mean by "deburring" it. You want me to remove the idle screw, take something rough and rub down or polish the part of the carb that loosens when the idle screw is out? And what, will that make the slide easier to move inside the carb resulting in a less-resistance pull?