R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What should be my next truggy?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 09:44 PM
jaylude22
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

I've had each truggy mentioned in this thread with exception to the Xray. I've seen a number of guys at my local tracks with each truck as well. Each of us who have switched to the Mugen are very happy. Both it's handling and it's durability are at the top. I had absolutely no complaints about the Losi 2.0 from a handling standpoint, but as others have mentioned, the rear diff can be problematic and the plastics wear out faster than average as well as the metal hinge pin holders. Is the truck still fast in spite of the slop and play that develops? It certainly is. I avoided all those untimely outer axle bearing problems by having the stock hub carriers, front and rear, machined to accept the larger and more standard sized 8x16x5mm bearings. I've had the Mugen 6T since May and have had zero issues with anything. I race a lot and I practice a lot. With that said, I'd think that if something was gonna go wrong with the rear diff or anything else in the Mugen, it would have happened by now. Good luck in your decision