R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Who's had an engine crankcase crack?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 01:27 PM
SteveP
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by houston
so is it fair to say you really like os engines steve?
I'm a fan of MANY different brands and types of engines for different reasons. There are certain Sirio, Novarossi, Picco, RB and other engines that I really like because they're particularly good in one area or another. I even like the four-stroke engines, even though they don't hold a candle to the racing 2-stroke engines. You're right - there are a lot of good engines and I like them just as much for their strengths. But the piling on OS is something that's happened for a while recently and it's undeserved. They make an excellent quality product that's stood the test of time and I think they deserve credit for that.

You may not want to agree on the sales numbers, but I've had closer access to sales data than most people. Perhaps 20 to 1 is a little on the high side, but somewhere in that range is probably closer to the truth than not. Heck, I work for a company that makes a competing brand, so if I were selfishly motivated, perhaps I wouldn't pat them on the back as hard. But, I have to give credit where credit is due, and they've earned it.