R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan
Old 12-09-2009, 08:04 AM
wolfeml
Tech Initiate

Hye guys. Just reading through the forum and keeping updated on the track for when i get there in Feb. I am not a great racer by any means, but I have been to many tracks on the east coast, mid west, and west coast and I have yet to see one track run the KO PRO track timer. If this helps in you decision here is a link to a forum about the KO PRO, rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/30164-need-opinions-ko-propo-arc-lap-counter Everyone runs the AMB transponder setup. It is pretty universal. You can have rentals or you can even have personal transponders as well. It is a great setup. The looping wire only needs to be under ground about 1 to 2 inches and most people run them coming out of a turn and into the straight, (so the cars are going slow enough to be picked up).

Also, Josh, I am in for truggy. I was hoping there would be more out there, oh well it just means I will have to get a buggy again.

What are the race fees going to be? has there been a schedule posted for next year? If you do get rental transponders you could temp loan them for $5 a day, it seems to be the going rate. And it will help them pay themselves off too.

One last thing, have you got a watering system for the track? It sounds pretty dusty and that dust will just build up. Water would be great......if not I would recommend that you invest in about 10 strong push brooms to broom the track. It works real good and you only have to broom the racing line. Just my two cents, i hope this helps

No matter what kind of lap timing system you get, let me know so I can make sure I have a transponder that will work with it. Thanks

Last edited by wolfeml; 12-09-2009 at 10:16 AM.