R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan
Old 12-08-2009, 05:23 PM
pgeldz
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mr. Bojangles
It went well. Realized I need softer tires, softer suspension, and better driving skills! Gonna have to buy a few more air filters too, after 2 tanks my filter was completely brown! lol Tested 2 different treads for tires and found a good one. AKA I-Beams in soft compound. As the dust comes off the track i'm sure a different tire will be better. But with the dust and loose stuff on the top they worked really well.
Sounds good. I have a brand new set of AKA I-Beam soft premounts for just this reason. Glad to see they work as advertised. And when the track does change, I have a slew of other AKA premounts to try as well in various compounds

Originally Posted by Murdadock
I think I am picking up a 1/8 buggy really soon. Any suggestions? (besides Jon's would be Castor suggestion)
Electric or Nitro?

Electric - HPI VORZA

Nitro - Hot Bodies D8

Originally Posted by igyrigged
Anybody have a spare starter box (1/8 buggy) they want to sell?
I thought you weren't going to get a Nitro Buggy...you changed your mind? What did you end up getting?

Originally Posted by bando711

New proud owner of Fusion EX-1, Mamba Monster Neu-Castle 2650, powered by two Max Amp 6500 Lipos.
Ken, are you getting rid of the Nitro Buggy and just going electric?

So besides Iggy wanting a starter box for some kind of Nitro vehicle, am I the only one that will run a Nitro Buggy now? Seems I see a shift here towards running 1/8th scale Electric buggies. Not a problem with that at all, just want to know if I'll be able to run my Nitro buggy against similar competition.

About the tripple jump - Whatever you guys decide. I agree with Ken in that marshaling that area will become a problem since some folks will likely make it on to the main straight after a failed tripple jump attempt. I don't think anyone saw that coming when we were looking at the track design (me included).

- Paulie