R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LOSI XXX-S, Tips and Tricks, Open Mod, etc
Old 12-08-2009, 05:11 PM
RCknight
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default It may work, I'm not....

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
I just realised they discontinued XXX-S RTR/drift! wow never knew that.

I guess end is near for for da XXXS sega, incdl parts.

for da JRXSR I wonder if you ever own this car, as big fan of da JRXSR I can say proudly da car is working, very well that is.
arguing that fact, but it's not popular, and that's a fact. The over all kits Losi sold are very low. It's design advantages are not that apparent. Many complain about seeing much differences in chassis tuning. Several die hard Losi fans I know were not impressed. There are issues with the car as well, one huge one being the car is fragile. It's not a good choice for new to average racers. Yeah the design may allow you to push the car, but at the cost of breaking. The chassis is wide and difficult to mount electronics despite it's "easy to balance" argument. No the car really has no huge improvements to bring over established designs. What advantages a two plate XXX-S design could have would be it's flex options and it's light weight advantage. Tweak is part of every plate car. I figure a XXX-S two plate design could be as many put a very good Mod car and much lighter for stock racing. The car would need to be build around a reputation of strong and easy to drive work on for the real racer. That being the weekly club guy with options parts for the serious Pro guy. lol HPI did a good job of offering bearing reducers for the small hub bearings for the Pro racers.

Last edited by RCknight; 12-08-2009 at 05:21 PM.