R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 09:09 PM
AMGRacer
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mike_Webb
Yep. I made sure that I readjusted my arms after I cut the Tires.

When I do my Droop, I never use a gague. I unscrew the screws in the arms, then I set my rideheight. After that I pick my car up off the table and Everytime my arms drop. SO then I start screwing the screw in till on the front the spring just touches the Collar and in the rear I adjust the arms till the Spring is about 1-2mm off the colar. That is how I have always done my droop in the three years I have been racing. When you read a setup sheet.especially with Foam Tires you have to accoutn for wear. So a person that is running 56mm tires and running 2 droop in the rear, that will not work for someone running 61mm tires and so forth.

Basically what I was told down at snowbirds last year was you hold your front Tires and push up on the front bumper with your thumbs. If 5mm ride height, your car should raise to 5.5mm of ride height. In the rear hold the tires to the ground and with your thumbs lift the rear of the chassis. You should have 7mm of Ride Height (this is dependant on your track). Does that make sense? I think I am explaning it correctly.

If you are running 3-4 on the droop in front and your tires go from 60-58mm when you try and adjust your ride height then the droop screws will almost make it so that you cannot get enough rideheight becasue as you push down on the springs to raise the chassis the screws prevent the chassis from raising.
You are absolutely correct. If you got that right then I am unsure.

I run my foams routinely down to 58mm and lower and find them hooking up really well. Sorry I cannot add anymore.