R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Gain Time
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does a different chassis make you a pro driver? Of course not. But you dont have to be a pro to feel the changes in the car or a different chassis. I never changed a thing on my car outside of the diff nut. It ran ok. However I could tell the difference between my chassis with the motor and battery hanging off the sides of the car to balance it out because of the motor mount and a chassis that already had the motor mount inline with the bulkhead. I can also tell the difference between one brand of shocks and another.

I do not have the latest and greatest of the chassis I have decided to run. I dont need it because what I have is still and awesome chassis. The TC5 is not up to par on the engineering side which is all I am saying.

Still an ok car which is what you are saying. Not trying to change anyones mind on that. Only agreeing with someone that stated that you shouldnt have to basically replace every part on the car to get it up to date and stating myself that if you feel you have to go to that length it is time to look at changing manufacturers. What AE sent out is not the quality we are used to as far as the TC market is concerned. Their offroad stuff is awesome in my opinion.

You are also right I dont have to run the car which I am not. I just hate that I wasted the money buying it.

Last comment I will make on it because my comment are not meant to bash but hopefully get AE to really look at what they are trying to accomplish with this chassis.