R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2002, 02:50 PM
Mike F
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Modena AL
I've looked at the plastic outdrives, and held them...and I'm just not confident that they will hold up in a hard hit...or am I mistaken. I'd rather pay extra money to gurantee myself a finish, rather than break. Maybe I should give them a try...but I'll stick to whats working for me right now. Don't throw that practice makes perfect stuff at me... PERFECT practice makes PERFECT! and what a better way to do that than with a perfect car.

Sorry for being "different"...

FOR SALE: two (2) complete IRS tc3s....willing to trade for two bone stock tc3 because its not "cool" to be different and to spend all your earnings on "hoochie-coochie" stuff because factory team drivers don't need them because they "practice practice practie" and have insane skills....
Hello Everyone - just wanted to come on here and add my .02 cents. I race with Modena here in Memphis and for the most part he's right, his car is the fastest out there, quickest in acceleration and handles very well. If he's not hit by the checkered car then he'll finish in the top 3.

I also hear what all you other guys are saying about practice makes perfect, eye candy and so on and you may have a point as well but it's all a matter of choice and what works for one person may not necessarily work for someone else but then main thing is to keep the line of communication open so that your experience can be our experience. How else will we ever know if something works unless we get some sort of feed back from someone who may have gotten that particular part and actually has some usefull information to pass along before Team Visa/AMEX/MASTER CARD makes that purchase.

I'm a long time Tamiya man and I broke down and finally got a TC3 but i opted for the FTTC3 because of what I was hearing on similar threads as this. To be honest I'm glad that I read some of the pros and cons on these threads because it made my decision a lot easier.

Just a side note for all those who are interested: the Mid_South Racing Assoication will be holding it's 2nd annual "Beat the Heat Summer Bash" in August and everyone is invited to come. We are located in Memphis, TN and we race outdoor on asphalt outside of HobbyTown USA. If your interested email me at [email protected] and I'll put you on my mailing list.

Thank you all and good racing