R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Scottmisfits
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was running my TC5 bow stock, except the screws for the diff.

I have the Exotek chassis and like it. I don't think it's any better than the stock, just different. I haven't moved my servo, flipped my belts, bought different shocks, different hub carriers (I didn't even know about these), etc. The car works very well out of the box. We have a good mix of X Ray, AE, and Hot Bodies at our track and there is no clear "best chassis" out there. Is the TC5 the most dated chassis out there right now? Sure it is. But just because it's dated doesn't mean it's out dated. Can you make it better? Yes. But you can honestly tell me there is something wrong with the stock shocks? I bet if I changed out the shocks on your car and gave you the same piston/oil/spring combo you wouldn't notice a difference in lap times or handling between the stock and the TRF's. Same as the new bulkheads. Balance the car stock and with the new bulkheads. Is it a difference, it just may be. But will it make you Hara, Moore, Levenan, Hebert? I really doubt it. If you don't like the car, don't run it. I like the car so I do run it and I am very happy with it.