R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2002, 01:53 PM
Corse-R
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Modena AL
I've looked at the plastic outdrives, and held them...and I'm just not confident that they will hold up in a hard hit...or am I mistaken. I'd rather pay extra money to gurantee myself a finish, rather than break. Maybe I should give them a try...but I'll stick to whats working for me right now. Don't throw that practice makes perfect stuff at me... PERFECT practice makes PERFECT! and what a better way to do that than with a perfect car.
Modena:

First of all, I'm not trying to bash you. Simply I said that the plastic outdrives makes their work perfectly. I not saying that the '"hoochie-coochie" stuff' like you said don't work, much of us use them (see my car, I use few aftermarket parts).

I'm not a 'team driver'. I'm a 'proudly sponsored by my Visa/MC/AMEX card'. I don't have 'insane' skills, maybe I'm an average racer that some days are on the top positions and other are on the middle of the B main. Simply I discovered that some of those 'hoochie-coochie' stuff don't improve my lap times, only makes more 'eye-candy' cars.

I prefeer to invest on going to big races (proudly funded by myself, remember, I'm a VISA racer) and teach from the big guys rather than buying other stuff. I'm the first (like you and much of the forum colleagues) on seeing what used xxxx driver on those xxx race and got the TQ or won their main. If for those 'big guys with insane skills' is good, is good for me, no more, no less.

My apologies if seemed that I tried to bash you, but guys sometimes I feel that you're more interested on aftermarket parts than improving your lap times.