R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cityblock VS. Calibers
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Timmie
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
What feels wright is getting traction over different parts of the track and not having to buy so many different tires for wet or dry, loamy or hardpacked tracks. The Cityblocks fit the bill. I can use them in loose wet dirt and they work all the way down to fairly hardpacked conditions. Then I switch to pro line revolvers. Both tires last long and I'm not looking around trying to find another tire. When I slow down and relax my laptimes get better while everyone else is wrecking, I'm cool calm and in the lead or close. In a 20-40 minute main it all comes down to staying relaxed and yet pushing yourself without going too far. So feeling is important. you say some silly stuff Jimmy. Are you a tire scientist?
I don't understand how you think what he has said is silly What he said is true. Just because you feel confident and calm on a certain set of tires doesn't guarantee your going to be fast. You said
When I slow down and relax my laptimes get better while everyone else is wrecking..
that has nothing to do with tires and how they effect your laptimes, you are talking about your driving.

Then you said
it all comes down to staying relaxed and yet pushing yourself without going too far.
I think you agree without knowing to what he said on that. If you get too comfortable your probably not fast anymore. You might be more consistent because your driving slower, but being truly fast means being on the edge AND being consistent.

No he is not a tire scientist, but he knows what works on the track. He knows and deals with a lot of people in the rc tire industry. I'd rather gain knowledge from someone with real world experience over someone sitting behind a desk.

Back to the actual thread topic, I like cityblocks. The revolvers work nice too but they wear a lot faster. City blocks work in most conditions. My only gripe with them is that sometimes they have too much traction for me, but instead of a tire change I will make a small setup change to compensate...then there dialed.