R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan
Old 12-03-2009, 01:43 PM
hobbycentral
Tech Rookie

Default RC Support, AAFES Exchange mall.

Looks like you guys have the beginnings of an awesome off-road track. I'm retired military and I own a few hobby shops and have a contract with the exchange system. The exchange system (AAFES) told me about your effort. I have had a large off-road track and a couple of on-road tracks and an indoor track. So I have some experience with building rc tracks. If there is something I can do to help let me know, and I'll see what I can do. I did notice you were buying tent stakes. Unless things have changed you should be able to get some items through the self-help programs. We used rebar for stakes. You take them and cut them down to about 18" and bend them at the top. Then you drive them through holes in the pipe. The Seabees should have lots of rebar.
What classes are you going to be running? Once you get it set-up send us some photos. We are kind of unique in that we carry almost every major brand of rc stuff and we accept the miltary Star card.

I went out to Kadena years ago - it's good to see MWR etc. getting involved with stuff like this.

Bill
Hobby Central
militaryhobbycentral.com

Last edited by hobbycentral; 12-03-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling