R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T2’009
Thread: XRAY T2’009
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 08:19 AM
kidsid99
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndysD8
I just so happened to pick up a ppd plate from a friend today! Looks like I'm going to have to do a bit of dremel work so it clears the post. So, if I understand you correctly, basically just use the ppd plate, slide the lipo just enough out to where the top deck doesn't even come into play and tape the lipo in??
Checked nexus already, out of stock as well.! Amain had them 2 days ago but at that time I was unsure on the smc 5200 24c or the thunder power 40c which had the humps on it. Well I chose the smc(hope I made the right choice, lol) which is a flat bottom pack so now I'd really like to have the balance weights! But I'll give your recommendation a try Thursday when I actually have the smc in hand! Thanks! Any chance you can post a pic of your install with the ppd plate?? Also, do most people go ahead and attach the ppd plate to the lipo? Or just drop it in and tape the lipo as normal without a plate?
Right now I have the electronics out of the car but I will post a picture of it late tonight. I use a Core 5000 pack and it goes under the rear of the top deck. I also used servo tape to hold the battery to the plate to keep it from moving (not much or it will be real hard to get off). Then tape them both to the car with battery tape. To make the PPD plate miss the post you should only have to remove a small corner for it to fit (rear). PM me your email and I will send you some good picts. Hope this helps.