R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 11-26-2009, 12:32 AM
DXF french team
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by webclassic
Hello 2wdrive,

some cars are adjustable, but for me, ride height is fixed, my car is a BRX and my previous car was a Monaco Model and it was the same. I think, in general most drivers play with diameter of front tyres, knowing that according to front tyres shore used for the classics (46° and more) wear is not important for a 30 minutes run and near to nothing for a 5 minutes run.

Hope to be clear enough, but what I say is true for cars such as BRX and Monaco Model.

I prefer DXF team answer for the DXF for example.
Hello,

It's possible to adjust the height of front axle on the DXF only. There is 2 interchangeable washers (thickness 1.5 mm). Normally always we mount it.

About tyres, i confirm what write "webclassic" : the diameter isn't so important. You can ride with very low tyres in qualifications, and middle during final. The tyre's wear is small and you can do some races with the same wheels, especially with the front.
The rate between front/rear tyre diameter isn't also important than a 4x4 car.
Sometime after races, i pick-up inside the garbage some tyres from the 4x4, which are suitable for training or qualifications
so economic !!!!!!