R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LOSI 8ight T 2.0 RTR vs RACE ROLLER? Help an old guy out
Old 11-25-2009, 10:03 AM
8&stuff
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mblgjr
Bang-for your buck to get everything at once the 2.0 RTR is actually the way to go.

Main difference: Frame, shock towers, shock caps and diff cases.

RTR has stamped/plate cut frame and shock towers. Slightly heavier, not the "flex tuned" setup, but it works around 85% as well most of the time. Shock caps are plastic instead of metal and I believe it gets the slightly heavier but more durable HD diff cases.

So, if you need a radio/servos/starter box all together and don't aren't brand loyal already it's a nice place to start.

I'd go RTR, learn the truck, eventually ditch the frame for a BCE and the towers for the new KingHeadz setup and never look back.
I have to agree with this. I started 8 scale 18months ago with an rtr 8t and honestly was great to experience everything with just one purchase. not to mention it was litterally ready to race after break in. only thing i suggest is to buy a hitec 7955 and put on the steering and move the stock 650 back to throttle, then toss the stock throttle 270. If you drive slow till your comfortable going fast you will be good to go 2 gallons. at that point re-build the clutch and put some hop ups such as machined chassis and towers off of ebay.

evn pre-built i would still tear down and rebuild. the diffs that are in 1.0 rtr losis are filled with grease unless this was changed with the 2.0 rtr. i would put oil in the diffs. just keep an eye on the plastic shock caps, they will need replaced eventually. now that i have bought losi rtrs i have since moved on to nib rr versions. honestly other than some less longer lasting parts its a great car out of the box.