R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new to site and this hobby. Totally newb and needs advice and help.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:16 AM
RC8daBOMB
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Originally Posted by dethRC
oh ok.. still processing in this tiny brain of mine..
so the thing is. if i go DSM there is no way any other radio and reciever would have the same frequency as mine. even if we have the same model? same type of transmitter?
and also once i turn on the radio and reciever is it automatic to get my frequency?
and also does it have to be a spektrum brand reciever to make the spektrum radio work? or its ok if i use other DSM brands as well?
i think this is pretty stupid to ask. Is spektrum the only manufacturer which is producing DSM products? really sorry for all of this..
Hey there. I can answer all of your questions. If you get a DSM (2.4 gHz) you will NEVER get interference. I run a DX 2.0 and i regret not getting an Airtronics MX-Sport. Everything about it is better and it is cheaper ($100)
If you get a DSM then you will have to follow the simple "binding" instructions. It is somethin like "turn on transmitter, press bind button on the back... turn on reciever and press bing button and hold etc." If you get a a DSM, simply put, get the same exact receiver as you already had. And none of those were dumb questions, i asked the same thing a while back