R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F1 CARPET TRACK IN HYDE PARK, NY
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 04:14 AM
rcracer1958
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Martinsville was fun on Sunday. I think we got Randy slightly hooked on the big cars on our little track, we definately got him partially hooked up on the track by the main.

Randy has volunteered to pick up the pvc piping we need for the F1 track, and it's looking hopeful that the track area will be free and clear to start construction of the track this coming friday night, possibly racing on saturday night, at least for a shake down.

i've contacted Raffielli, Alan, and Chris Luy in the hopes of getting them down to try it out.

Hpi ball diffs came in for the F10. Rich and I have installed them and they make a difference, but, with the stock tires it is still a 4 cell car.Honestly, I think it's perfect that way. Either the ready made Hpi 1500 mah pack, or make up 1800mah packs from the venom stick packs. you buy 2 venoms for 30.00 or so and get 3 packs. It seems the 2 less cells take away just enough punch to make the car really driveable, and it will not only keep costs down, but make the racing close.I'm going to try the soft Michelin tires as soon as I can get them, this maybe the final setup we're looking for.

Stay tuned as changes are happening fairly quickly right now
Bill