R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 08:19 PM
spyderx
Tech Adept

Originally posted by stormperson
bob- Defenently! lol. You might collapse a spring every once and a while, but thats normal on any 12th scale. I can hit walls and it really doesnt mess the car up nearly as much as it would with a new style, and its much simpler.

I'd trust Storm here. I took his advice at the track this weekend and slapped the old front end on my rev 3 and the car was much easier to drive, and my new style front end is probably built as perfect as you can (but I did have a bad servo saver that was causing all sorts of strange problems). If I run the new style, I literally have to check the camber and shim angles after every run. It tweaks very easily. Its a straight bolt-on, uses the same holes and same servo holes.

Speedmerchant sells a full front-end kit for like $20. I think you can get it at their website or hobbyetc.com.

Also, the rev 3 is near bulletproof. The only thing I have ever broken (yet!) on this car is one front a-arm, and a few Jaco wheels. I hit more than my share of walls... Storm can attest to that!

Last edited by spyderx; 01-05-2004 at 08:24 PM.